Guard Your Nest Egg: Preventing fraud, scams and financial exploitation
Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 11:30 am – 2 pm
Jewish Community Center, Laikin Auditorium
6701 Hoover Road, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Lunch RSVP to Christy at 317-259-6822 ext. 5 or email@example.com
FREE fruit bar for all sponsored by AARP Indiana!
The Indiana SMP and the Family Services Jewish Family Services at the Reuben Center are co-hosting their fourth annual Money Smart Week event. Come watch a short film, ID Theft: Deter, Detect, Defend and have a Q&A with panelists regarding frauds and scams that target seniors including consumer, investment and Medicare fraud. Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Mary Austrom from the Indiana Alzheimer Disease Center
- Indiana Secretary of State’s office
- Indiana Attorney General’s office
- AARP Indiana
- Indiana Adult Protective Services
Take Charge: Your financial safety is in your hands!
Monday, April 25, 2016, 2:00 – 4:30 pm
Purdue Extension Johnson County, 484 North Morton Street, Franklin, IN 46131
(Northeast corner of the Johnson County Fairgrounds)
Seating is limited. Reserve your space today by calling 317-736-3724
Gift bags, informational packets and refreshments!
Hosted by Purdue Extension of Johnson County and sponsored by the Johnson County Community Foundation, Purdue Extension and Johnson County Extension Homemakers, speakers and topics for this event include:
- Greg Zoeller, Indiana Attorney General, Protecting YOU from Identity Theft & Financial Scams
- Indiana Secretary of State’s Office, Protecting YOU from “Securities Fraud”
- Sheila Harmon, Greenwood Public Library, Protecting YOU from Computer and Internet Fraud
- Barb Miller, Senior Medicare Patrol, Protecting YOU from Medicare Fraud