Our vision is that Indiana’s long-term services and supports system ensures that every Hoosier is engaged in determining and meeting their individual support needs by providing them with access to quality, trusted information, a full network of services in their community and publicly-funded subsidies when needed.
In other words, Hoosiers get the Right Services, at the Right Time, in the Right Place, at the Right Cost.
Our mission is to support Indiana’s Area Agency on Aging network as it provides leadership, advocacy and expertise in helping people manage the social determinants of health in Indiana’s evolving long-term services and supports system.
- Empowerment — supporting individuals and families in making decisions among all their long-term care options.
- Ease of Access — a single point for assistance in accessing all long-term care services.
- Quality — continuing improvement through quality assurance including national accreditation, evaluation and dissemination of evidence-based practices.
- Innovation — effectively transforming processes and services in response to future needs.
- Lifelong Communities — supporting those of all ages and abilities to live in the place of their choice.
IAAAA was incorporated on April 7, 1978 and is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization. The IAAAA Education Institute was formed as a part of IAAAA and established itself as an Indiana 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization on July 14, 2000.
IAAAA members include Indiana’s 15 Area Agencies on Aging and Associate Members.