The 2022 Indiana General Assembly has started! IAAAA is ready to advocate and provided input on legislation affecting older adults, people with disabilities and social determinants of health.
We prioritize issues that significantly affect older adults and people with disabilities of any age such as:
- CHOICE budget and its use
- Social determinants of health
- Family caregiver supports and concerns
- Dementia-related initiatives
- In-home care workforce
- Elder justice
- Guardianship and less restrictive alternatives
- Affordable housing
- Reliable transportation
- Broadband connectivity and digital inclusion
IAAAA advocates year-round at the Indiana Statehouse including in interim study committees that take place in late summer and early fall annually.